Welcome

Most likely you're visiting to check out Finer Recliner CURVE neck rests, side mount handlebar bag kits, embroidery, tail lights and other recumbent accessories.

I make neck rests mainly but not exclusively for recumbent trikes. Each is 2" thick memory foam fill on a gently curved PVC base. The covers are breathable and water-resistant. Embroidery options are nearly limitless and allow you to truly personalize this part of your trike.

If you're interested in more information about Finer Recliner accessories, pictures, prices and how to order, you can reach me at stevesussman@earthlink.net.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, February 20, 2012

A perfect coincidence and the brilliance of my customers.  A few weeks ago someone wrote and asked me if the side mount kit would work with the Catrike Arkel bags also installed.  Because of the way the “L” tube extended up behind the seat the answer sadly was no.  

But a few days after the inquiry I got some pictures from Sam Wuhl in Uruguay.  He had ordered a neck rest and side mount kit, and I noticed he’d mounted the kit in a way I thought was entirely upside down.  I asked him about it and he said I ought to try it because doing it that way meant the Arkel bags and the kit could both be mounted together.  


So last night I tried it, and not only does it seem to work, it appears to work great and actually uses less "L" tube.  Who’d have guessed?  Thanks, Sam!

 I finally figured out where to mount the DualDrive trigger shifter.  I'd thought I could mount it on the handlebar or even hide it somewhere under the seat which would have been easy if it was a twist shifter.  In the end I mounted it where it should have gone in the first place.  I mounted it on the outside of the bar end to keep the cable loop more out of the way.  Now all I need to do is install the shifter rod, the click box and connect the shifter cable and it's ready to test the new low wall-climbing gears!


By the way, the Ortlieb panniers just arrived...minutes ago.  They’re beautiful – now if they only fit.  I won't know about the GLO until I get it back here on March 9, but I can try them on Travis now I suppose.  How come he's not looking happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment