I think this is the best way to let everyone know what happened and what’s happening…the tough news and, hopefully, the really good.
First of all, I sincerely apologize. It has been really embarrassing and painful the past few months having apologies and excuses be the bulk of my conversations with folks who either had, or wanted to, order neck rests. It’s especially bad because I consider many of you not just customers, but friends.
Briefly, the tough news. TOT was great. But within days after Penni, Travis and I got home, just about everything “Finer Recliner” – neck rests and gear, ran off the rails…a real soap opera. Our sew-er moved to California and abruptly decided to stop making our neck rest covers. Next our embroiderer cancelled without notice. Then we had a death in our family, and, finally, a crisis with our kids in Europe brought everything else to a screeching halt. I filled what outstanding neck rest orders I could with remaining supplies while trying to decide what to do next.
Obviously the only reason to buy a great neck rest is to HAVE IT…and in a reasonable amount of time. Until the train wreck we’d been improving our products and speeding production. I sure learned that a little business like ours isn’t as resilient to a huge hit as a large company.
So...here’s the good news.
• NECK RESTS. We are back in production, and think our new rests are better than ever - still with that great memory foam, but now with new mounting hardware. They will fit existing Catrike towers, and we have Cateye brackets for horizontal tube mounting applications.
• BRACKETS. Our first batch of two dozen CURVE brackets have been fabricated in Portland (a great referral from Pat Franz. Thanks, Pat.) Our brackets are now powdercoated, not painted, making them way more durable. We have them in stock now.
• COMPLETE NECK REST KITS. For people whose trikes have no neck rests and therefore want full kits ( "L" towers, mtb stems and CURVE neck rests), we now have in stock nice short-throw mtb stems and shims, and 6061 “L” towers. And with short notice we can size the tower arms to fit different applications, like if you want an extra inch to mount a tail light.
• COVERS. We have resolved the cover-making challenge. (Thanks, Zubin.) We are building an inventory of unembroidered covers. This will speed order-filling for people who don’t want embroidery. We will have inventory in a week.
• EMBROIDERY. We are trying out a new embroiderer. As before we will custom embroider names and/or images. We can also work from your original art. Covers must be embroidered before sewing, so filling custom orders will add approximately two weeks to delivery. We’re hoping turnaround will be quicker than that, but it’s our starting point.
We have back-orders we’re working to get delivered quickly. I hope the systems we have in place now will only make our products better and our service faster.
And hopefully for the last time, I apologize to everyone who has had to wait.