Welcome

Most likely you're visiting to check out Finer Recliner CURVE neck rests, side mount handlebar bag kits, embroidery, tail lights and other recumbent accessories.

I make neck rests mainly but not exclusively for recumbent trikes. Each is 2" thick memory foam fill on a gently curved PVC base. The covers are breathable and water-resistant. Embroidery options are nearly limitless and allow you to truly personalize this part of your trike.

If you're interested in more information about Finer Recliner accessories, pictures, prices and how to order, you can reach me at stevesussman@earthlink.net.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, January 7, 2011

It's been a while

I just discovered a note from 12/27 from Walt Ebbert.  Walt, you said you wanted a neck rest for your 2009 Expedition.  I'd be glad to make you one.  The best thing to do is to send me an email at stevesussman@earthlink.net.
 
Hard to believe I haven't posted since before Thanksgiving, so I'll try to make this one special. 

But all things considered it makes sense.  It has been a constant parade of visitors and carrying on throughout the holiday season.  Plus the weather's been lousy so I've spent a fair amount of time splitting and stacking firewood, and finding excuses to stay out of the shop.

The big issue for me the past two months is to finally find out what the neck rests actually cost to make.  While I've never compared the two business models - my consulting practice and making the neck rests, I really began to doubt I was even breaking even...and that's with the assumption that my time doing all the fabricating was worth nothing.  The tug between wanting and fearing to know kept me pretty much paralyzed for the past two months.

But now it's done and in the process I made some surprising discoveries. The biggest is that the most expensive neck rest to make is the one I began with…the replacement for newer model Catrikes.  It really shouldn't have been a surprise...fabricating and powdercoating the brackets, plus the additional stainless hardware, is expensive.


In a nutshell, here's the deal...and just about all of it is good news:

WHAT WON'T CHANGE:   

  • The CURVE KIT ("L" tube, mtb stem, shim and CURVE neck rest) will remain $85.  
  •  The CURVE neck rest with the circular clamps for older style Catrikes remains $45.

WHAT HAS CHANGED:  The CURVE replacement for the stock Catrike rest that mounts on the vertical arms is now $55.  The reason for the increase is simple - fabricating and powdercoating the brackets, plus the additional stainless hardware, is expensive.

Like before, please figure a small shipping charge.

MORE GOOD NEWS (at least I think it is):   

  • The KIT also fits ICE trikes with the mesh seat, 
  • We've about to begin testing the KIT for Tridents...all of which use the same seat.
  • I've had inquiries for TerraTrikes and Actionbents so I'm starting design work on those as well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment